Friday, August 28, 2015

Objective: Continue working with the sequencing data to help decide how to move forward with the project.

Results: Found that the highest likely candidate for the sequences may have been a bacteria Rhodopseudomonas palustris so contacted Dr. Carrie Harwood in the harwood labs at UW medical center to learn more information about that bacteria and see if it was a possible candidate and to see if she had some available DNA that I may be able to work with. I was considering to PCR the DNA with my primers to see if they showed any expression and possible the same I was seeing in my own PCRs. She replied back saying that it was not marine bacteria so it's not likely what I have been sequencing. She also said she should have some DNA on file that I could work with but Dr. Roberts felt that it was not necessary since the species was not marine.  Dr. Roberts has me convert all of my sequences into a Fasta file which was uploaded to eagle.  (http://eagle.fish.washington.edu/scaphapoda/index.php?dir=Jonathan%2F)

No comments:

Post a Comment